(1) The term "personal data" means all that refers to the definition of Art. 4 No. 1 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter referred to as: "General Data Protection Regulation" or "GDPR") as data that can be related to you personally. This includes, for example, names, addresses, email addresses, user behavior. In respect of the other terminology, in particular the terms "use", "responsible", "processor" and "consent", we refer to the legal data protection definitions of Art. 4 GDPR.
(2) We principally use personal data only insofar as is necessary to provide a functioning website and the content and services we offer. The use of personal data takes place regularly and only if you have given us your consent within the meaning of and in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Subsection. a) GDPR or this use is governed by statutory regulations, in particular by permitting one of the GDPR legal bases covered under Art. 6 Para. 1 Subsection b) to Subsection f).
(3) The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. Storage can also take place if provisions have been made under national or European regulations to which we are subject. In this case, the data will be blocked or deleted when the storage period prescribed in the respective regulations has expired. The latter does not apply if further storage of the data is necessary for the execution and undertaking of a contract.
(4) Insofar as we withdraw from contracted service providers for the individual functions of our website or receiving your data for advertising purposes, we seek to inform you in detail below about required actions.
The liable party that is pursuant to the definition of Art. 4 No. 7 GDPR, other data protection laws applicable in member states of the European Union and other.
regulations that form data protection law is:
Missener Straße 18
Telefon: +49 8323-80060
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Mathias Pauli
Vorstand: Hartmut Wimmer
Further details can be found in our legal disclosure.
Data Protection Officer
You can reach and contact our data protection officer at the following address:
79100 Freiburg im Breisgau
Telefon: +49 761 45892723
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
The right to information,
The right to amendments and deletion,
The right to restriction of use,
The right to objection of use,
The right to the transfer of data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint against us for using your data with the Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
Use of personal data when using our website for international purposes
(1) If you access our website without first registering or providing us with information in any other way ("informational use"), we only collect the personal data that your web browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we collect the data listed below as a technical requirement for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security:
Date and time of the request
Time zone in relation to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
The request’s content (specific page)
Access status / http status code
Volume of data transferred each time
Website from which the request originated
Operating system and its interface
The language and version of the browser software
This data is also stored in so-called log files on our servers. These do not affect your IP address or other data assigned to you. This data is not stored together with any other personal data of yours.
(2) The collection and temporary storage of the IP address is necessary in order for our website to function on your device. For this, your IP address must be saved for the duration of your visit to our website. The storage of the above-mentioned data in log files serves to ensure functionality and to optimize our website whilst also safeguarding the security of our information technology systems. This data is not analyzed for marketing purposes. Our legitimate interest in using the data lies in the purposes stated above. The legal basis for the collection and temporary storage of the aforementioned data and the log files is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence. 1 section. f) GDPR.
(3) We process and / or store the data on servers of Hetzner Online GmbH, Industriestr. 25, 91710 Gunzenhausen, Germany and thus within the European Union. This ensures that the standards and regulations of European data protection laws are observed.
(4) The aforementioned data that is used for viewing our website will be deleted when the respective session has ended. The data in log files will be deleted after fourteen days at the latest. The collection of the above data for viewing our website is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. There is no possibility to object to this.
Use of personal data in respect of cookies
(1) We use so-called cookies on our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to your chosen browser through which specific information flows to the location that sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the internet more user-friendly and effective. This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
(a) Cookies that are stored in your web browser:
Transient cookies are automatically deleted once you close your browser. They store a so-called 'session ID', which assigns various requests from your browser to the shared session. This allows your computer to be recognized again when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted once you log out.
Persistent Cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which differs depending on the cookie itself. You can delete the cookies in the settings of your browser at any point.
Flash-Cookies: These are not recorded by your web browser but by the flash plugin and are therefore saved independently of your web browser. They do not have an automatic expiration date.
HTML5 storage objects are also stored on your device. These save necessary data regardless of your web browser. They do not have an automatic expiration date.
(c) The following data and information are stored within cookies:
Log-in information, Information about the visit to our website, Information about the use of individual functions of our website such as multilingualism (language setting) and the search function (search terms that have been entered).
(3) The above-mentioned cookies are stored on your end device and transmitted from there to our servers. You can therefore configure the use of data and information yourself using these cookies. This is done by configuring the settings of your web browser, through which you can, for example, reject third-party cookies or cookies altogether. In such cases, we would like to remind you that you may not be able to properly use all functions of our website. If you wish to prevent the use of data by flash cookies, you will have to either configure the settings of your flash payer or install an add-on, e.g. "Adobe Flash Killer Cookie" for the web browser Google Chrome or the add-on "Better Privacy" for the Firefox web browser. If you wish to prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects, you will have to use your web browser in private mode, if available. In addition, we recommend the regular manual deletion of cookies as well as your browser history.
Further functions and services of our website
(1) In addition to using our website purely for informational purposes, we offer various other functions and services that you may use if interested. For these purposes you will generally need to provide additional personal data which we will then use to render the respective service and to which the data use processes covered above apply.
(2) We use external service providers to an extent to handle your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our instructions and are checked regularly.
(3) In cases where personal data is passed to third parties in the course of rendering the services that we offer in conjunction with partners, you can find more detailed information in the descriptions of these individual services given below.
(4) If these third parties are based in a country outside the European Economic Area, you can find more information on the implications of this in the descriptions of these individual services given below.
Objecting to or revoking the use of your personal data
(1) You can withdraw your consent to the use of your data at any time. Revoking your consent influences the admissibility of the use of your personal data after we have received it.
(2) Insofar as we base the use of your data on a balance of interest, you may object to its use. In the event of any such objection, we ask you to clarify your reasons for not allowing us to use your data. We will examine the situation further in the event that this objection may be considered justifiable. We will then either no longer use your personal data, adjust any further use of this data, if necessary, or give compelling reasons worthy of protection as to why we continue to use your personal data
(3) You may, of course, object to the use of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis.
Data transmission related with the execution of contracts
(1) We transmit personal data to third parties only if this is necessary in the context of contract processing.
(2) Insofar as you have given us your consent, the legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a) GDPR. Otherwise, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
(3) You can revoke your consent at any time. The legality of the data processing already carried out remains unaffected by the revocation.
(4) Please send your revocation or objection to our contact details above.
Contact via e-mail
(1) If you contact us by email, the personal data you have provided to us in your email will be stored. The data will only be used to answer your questions. There is no transfer of the data to third parties.
(2) The processing of the above-mentioned personal data only serves to process your inquiries. Our legitimate interest in using this data lies in the purpose stated above. If you have given us your consent, the legal basis for the use of this data is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence. 1 Subsection. a) GDPR. Additionally, in the specific event that the data is transmitted to us by sending an e-mail, the legal basis for the use of this data is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Subsection. f) GDPR. Insofar as your email serves to execute or carry out a contract, Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 Subsection. b) GDPR represents an additional legal basis.
(3) The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. This is the case once we have processed your inquiries.
(4) You can withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data at any time. You can also object to the storage of your personal data at any point if you have contacted us by email. In such cases, we would like to remind you that your request cannot be processed any further. Please send your revocation to the contact details given in our legal disclosure above.
Integration of YouTube Videos
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos as part of our online services, which are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. These videos have all been integrated in "extended data protection mode" meaning that no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data specified in paragraph 2 below be transmitted. We have no influence over this transfer of data.
(2) When visiting the website, YouTube receives information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage. Furthermore, data collected in the case of informational use (technical data and your IP address) are transmitted. This occurs irrespective of whether or not YouTube has provided you with a user account that you are logged in to. When you are logged in to Google, your data will be linked directly to your account. If you do not wish your profile to be associated with YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores the data collected in respect of you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the customization of its website's design. Such analysis is carried out in particular (including for users not logged in) in order to display targeted advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles and must contact YouTube in order to exercise this right.
The legal basis for the use of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 Sentence. 1 Subsection. a) GDPR.
Order data processing
(1) We have concluded a contract with ZOHO CORPORATION B. V (i.F. Zoho) for the processing of commissioned data and fully implement the strict requirements of the German data protection authorities when using Zoho.
Furthermore, Zoho is certified under the Privacy Shield agreement and thereby offers a guarantee of compliance with European data protection law. https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOJbAAO&status=Active
(2) Information of the third party provider: ZOHO CORPORATION B. V., Beneluxlaan 4B, 3527 HT UTRECHT, The Netherlands. https://www.zoho.eu/gdpr.html
(3) For further information on data protection, data processing, settings to protect your personal data and your rights, please visit the following Zoho web pages:
Security Whitepaper: https://www.zoho.com/de/security.html?lb=de
Integration of Zoho CRM
(1) If you register for a free myBusiness account via our website, your data will be transferred to our Customer Relations Management System (CRM). This enables us to ensure the support of the account.
(2) The data collected in this way will not be used to send newsletters. Separate consent is required for this. Your data will not be passed on or distributed to any third parties.
(3) The Zoho CRM system is cloud based. For some time now, zoho.eu has also been offering servers in Europe (Netherlands and Ireland) to comply with EU data protection directives. For more information, please visit Zoho's website https://zoho.eu/privacy.html
Integration of Zoho Desk
(1) Email enquiries that reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, or enquiries that are entered via the contact forms, are processed automatically using Zoho's "Desk" software. This enables us to direct the support quickly and in a targeted manner to the right channels.
(2) In the process, the personal data you provide to us (e.g. name, e-mail address, your request, etc.) is processed; we do not pass on any data to Zoho. Depending on the content of your request, the data required to process this request may vary. The provision of further data is voluntary. We only use the data you provide for processing your specific enquiry. The data provided will be treated confidentially. This data is transmitted to Zoho Desk servers in Europe (Netherlands and Ireland) and thus within the European Union and processed there by Zoho on our behalf.
(3) Zoho Desk does not process your data if you use our website for information purposes only and do not contact us. The use of Zoho Desk is therefore optional.
(4) In order to oblige Zoho Desk to process the transmitted data only in accordance with our instructions and to comply with the applicable data protection regulations, we have concluded an order data processing agreement with Zoho Desk.
(5) The aforementioned transmission and processing of data serves the purpose of being able to answer your enquiries quickly and efficiently. This is also our legitimate interest in the processing of the above data by the third-party provider. Insofar as you have given your consent, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a) DS-GVO. Insofar as the use of the content or function of Zoho Desk serves to initiate or execute a contract with us, Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. b) DS-GVO constitutes an additional legal basis for the processing. Otherwise, Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DS-GVO is the legal basis for the processing.
Information on the GDPR: https://www.zoho.com/de/desk/gdpr.html
(6) You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. You can also object to the storage of your personal data at any time. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use our website or individual functions of our website to their full extent.
(7) Subject to statutory retention obligations, stored data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
(8) If your data is already stored in our CRM system, your enquiry and the messages sent to process it will be attached to the data record. This serves to be able to quickly and reliably solve any concerns that have already been resolved.
Integration of Zoho PageSense
(1) When visiting our website, anonymised usage data is collected by means of the Zoho service PageSense (https://zoho.eu/pagesense). PageSense only records the visit and clicks on our website completely anonymously. It does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about individual visitors.
(2) PageSense only enables us to check the general use of our website in the form of a heat map and, as a result, to display important content to you at the right places on individual web pages. No usage data or personal data is collected or stored.
(1) This website continues to carry out analyses of user behaviour via so-called A/B testing. In doing so, we can show you our websites with slightly varied content, depending on a profile assignment that has been made. This allows us to analyse our offer, improve it regularly and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for A/B testing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR
(2) Cookies are stored on your computer for this evaluation. The information collected in this way is stored by the responsible party exclusively on its server in Germany. You can prevent the evaluation by deleting existing cookies and preventing the storage of cookies. If you prevent the storage of cookies, please note that you may not be able to use our website to its full extent. Preventing the storage of cookies is possible through the setting in your browser.
(3) Before the analyses are carried out, the IP addresses are processed in abbreviated form so that a direct link to a person can be ruled out. The IP address transmitted by your browser will not be merged with other data collected by us.
(4) The provider for this service is Zoho.
Integration of Zoho SalesIQ
(1) On our website, you have the option of contacting us via chat function. We use the Zoho SalesIQ tool for this purpose. To contact us via the chat function, you only need to enter your name, your e-mail address and your request. You can enter further details voluntarily.
(2) In addition to providing the chat function, the tool analyses your usage of our website. Zoho stores cookies on your computer when you visit our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive associated with the browser you are using. As a result, certain information is transmitted to the person who sets the cookie.
(3) The information generated when you access our website, when you use the chat function and information regarding the usage of our website (including your IP address) is transmitted to a Zoho server in the USA and stored there. Zoho will use this information for the purpose of enabling the chat function, evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
(4) Zoho may also share this information with third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on Zoho's behalf. We have no knowledge of when or how information is shared with third parties by Zoho
(5) You can prevent the storage of cookies through appropriate browser settings. We would like to point out that the functions of our website cannot be used to the full extent in this case. Furthermore, you can delete existing cookies at any time.
(6) The processing of your personal data prior to activation of the chat function is based on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DS-GVO. It serves to optimise our website and gives us the opportunity to proactively contact you via the chat function. The processing of your personal data within the scope of the chat function is based on Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a) GDPR. It serves to process and respond to your request.
Zoho Campaigns - Newsletter
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, with which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double-opt-in procedure to subscribe to our newsletter. This means that after your registration, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address you provided, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Only your e-mail address is required for sending the newsletter. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare the revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Newsletter" or by sending a message to the contact details provided in the imprint.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluations, we link the data collected in the case of informational use (technical data and your IP address) and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links received in the newsletter also contain this ID. With the data obtained in this way, we create a user profile in order to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. In doing so, we record when you read our newsletters, which links you click on in them and deduce your personal interests from this. We link this data to actions you have taken on our website. You can object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each email or by informing us via another contact channel. The information is stored for as long as you are subscribed to the newsletter. After unsubscribing, we store the data purely for statistical purposes and anonymously. Moreover, such tracking is not possible if you have deactivated the display of images by default in your e-mail program. In this case, the newsletter will not be displayed to you in full and you may not be able to use all the functions. If you display the images manually, the above-mentioned tracking will take place.
(6) We use the Zoho Campaigns program to send the newsletter. Zoho processes and stores the data in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR): https://www.zoho.com/campaigns/gdpr/
Appropriate technical and organisational measures are taken to protect the data: https://www.zoho.com/security.html
Balancing of interests
If, contrary to their statements, the above-mentioned tracking software or plug-ins do not meet the European data protection standards with regard to the lawful processing of Art. 6 of the GDPR, the following balancing of interests is made as an alternative:
The processing of data is lawful if the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, unless such interests are outweighed by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data. The legitimate interests include legal interests as well as actual, economic or non-material interests.
The purpose of the data processing is the searchability of the website and the analysis of user behavior.
The tracking software and plug-ins used are suitable for achieving this purpose.
Necessity is given because they are necessary to achieve the purpose.
They are appropriate because they are reasonable for the user and the appropriate level of data protection is not jeopardized.
Insofar as the processing of personal data by the aforementioned tracking software or plug-ins is based on our predominant legitimate interests, you may object to the processing of personal data at any time, by deleting existing cookies and deactivating the storage of cookies in the settings of your web browser. We would like to point out that in these cases you may not be able to use all the functions of the websites concerned to their full extent.
Last updated: 2021/07/22